Wednesday 11 December 2013

Dem Photoshop Skills

One tip I've neglected to mention is how I create hair on photoshop. In some of my previous projects the hair was commented upon, much to my bashful surprise. The hair in this project isn't quite as up to scratch, but nevertheless, here is my method:








This image in particular, a depressed, cat, pin-up type character, the hair was a more bold style and less smudgey than I've used in this project.












I began with the shape, and one shade of blue. After establishing where the light source was, I added the highlights. Not very exciting, but I used a lighter shade of the original colour. This was applied using the chalk brush on about 11 pixels, as well as the standard hard round brush. This, and a lot of patience for drawing many lines. After this, the shading areas were achieved using the burn tool. Simply, I burned the shaded areas, so as to achieve a better shade than just black on top of a normal colour. Specifically, I selected midtone burning, about 15ish % exposure, varying a little for darker shades, while trying to be subtle about it.

 Here's a helpful bigger image.

To see a more defined image, go ahead and click here (= I'll be sure to write a more complete and detailed version of this method another time, perhaps not the night before handing my work in...

No comments:

Post a Comment